The preschool room is for children aged 2-5 years old and is laid out in areas, offering your child the varied experiences. The areas include:
- Building / construction area –including a wide variety of building bricks and blocks.
- Small World area – which includes farm and jungle animals, bugs, figures, train set and vehicles.
- Art and craft area with ‘help yourself’ trolley – with a variety of paints, papers, pens and modelling items allowing the children to express their creative side.
- Role play / home area – this area allows the children to dress up and recreate familiar scenes, such as feeding a baby, doing the washing etc. This area is changed regularly into different role play areas including vets; home corner; hairdressers; office.
- Book and quiet area – here the children have some space for a quiet time activity – either sharing stories and rhymes with friends and carers or looking at books.
- Malleable play and messy table – Every day in the malleable area the staff provide exciting play not often offered at home this might include jelly, cereals, rice, pasta, playdough and gloop. This table is also used for our cookery activities.
- Mathematics area – this area includes a wide variety of activities which the children can access independently. These resources include measuring tapes; jugs; number lines; sorting objects.