What is the Early Years Foundation Stage?
- The EYFS describes the time in your child’s life between birth and age 5.
- It helps your child get ready for school as well as preparing them for their future learning and successes.
- From when your child is born up until the age of 5, their early years’ experience should be happy, active, exciting, fun and secure; and support their development, care and learning needs.
Stowupland Preschool follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
The EYFS ensures:
- Children learn through play
- Nursery staff work closely with parents
- Your child’s learning at home is taken into account
- You are kept up to date with your child’s progress
- The welfare, learning and all-round development of children with different backgrounds and levels of ability, including those with special educational needs and disabilities
Stowupland Preschool uses the EYFS to plan and provide a range of play activities which help the children to make progress in the areas of Learning and development.
Staff observe and assess how your child is developing and plan their next steps in the learning.